Well, I’ve just uploaded the last picture and I’m feeling much more emotional than I ever thought I would feel about a blog!
2012 was so much better for me than I first expected. I met new people, I formed new friendships, I passed 6 exams, I visited new places but, most importantly, I felt the happiest I had ever felt.
The blog was a really good way for me to record the year. I look at the photos now and remember the place where I took that photo, what I’d been doing that day and sometimes even how I was feeling when I took it.
It also really stretched my creativity and improved my photography. I started off the year, semi-interested in photography and decided to set myself the challenge of taking a photo every day during a rare (sugar-fuelled) moment when I felt like I needed a challenge. I’ve now finished the year with a burning passion for photography, a new camera and a more creative eye. I now see things as potential photographs and I often feel strange when I don’t go out with my camera. Oh, how a year can change things!
I have several people to thank for their support for this blog over the past year. So, thank you…
- To my parents for putting up with me on the days where it was 11:30PM and I still hadn’t taken a photo, for helping me chose which photos to put up, for reminding me to take a photo but mostly for being the supportive parents they’ve always been.
- To my grandmama for checking my blog regularly and being very encouraging.
- To Harry for teaching me about the rule of thirds. I swear it’s changed my life!
- To Rachel, just for being there when I came up with the idea and thankfully not telling me that it was completely stupid.
- To my friends, for listening to me bang on about my blog.
- And, most importantly, to everyone on Tumblr who liked, reblogged, followed or even just looked at my photos. Your support honestly means a lot and it is all very encouraging. Seeing that people enjoy my photography makes me smile and motivates me to do even better.
No matter what happens though, I know that I will be eternally grateful for 2012 and the things that I’ve experienced.
I wish you all the best for 2013 and I hope to see some of you at my new main blog!
Thank you all again,